5.23.2006

A NOD TO BOB - AT 65

Naively, I thought that every song and poem spewed forth from the artist's pen fully formed.

Then my girlfriend (now Aunt Tonoose) bought me the first edition of this LYRICS 1962-1985 book and there it was, an unedited copy of Subterranean Homesick Blues by Bob Dylan.

Suddenly, it was okay to write things that could be fixed up later.
Heck, I would never be Bob Dylan, (Aunt Tonoose knew that all along) but I was on MY way to wherever this writing life would take me.

On Wednesday, May 24, the artist turns 65.
His four-plus decades of music and performing have had some ups and downs, but so many of his tunes fit like an old glove.
The tunes and the verse have provided solace and inspired rage and just about everything in between.

His voice, well, you get used to it after a while.

Happy birthday, Bob ... wherever you are and whatever you're doing.
Cent anni!


Copyright © 2006 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.
Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.



It Was a Dark and Stormy Knight

No comments: