8.26.2007

CIAO AMORE! AMADO MIA

It's been said that ever since we got back from Italy, I've been stuck in a tranche of Italian music.


I admit finding myself saying "grazia" instead of merely "thank you," but I reconverted all my euros (except the coins) and have tipped my toe into the editing of more than 5GB of digital images.

And here I am. Listening to Italian love songs I don't understand.

Home sweet home – I see I have jumped the shark, amado mia, what shall we do now? Love me forever, it has already begun.



This band, Pink Martini, sings this ballad Amado Mia on Ciao Amore!
and the above video matches it with the old Glenn Ford - Rita Hayworth film, Gilda, with the same song.

You don't have to like that kind of music to get swept into it.

Anyway, it turns out Pink Martini will be performing at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center on March 11, 2008. It would give you a chance to enjoy their eclectic sound.

Pink Martini
7:30 pm
Prudential Hall
The music of this 12-piece ensemble has been compared to a romantic Hollywood musical of the 1940s or 1950s – but with a global perspective that’s decidedly modern.


I first heard this song on a compilation CD I bought at Starbucks. I do recommend the disk, but be forewarned, there's a lot of music you will not be able to stop yourself from singing along with - whether you know what you're saying, or not.

Various Artists, Ciao Amore!

The tunes on Ciao Amore are for lovers, baby. Feel the smoke in your eyes. Hear the rhythm of your beating heart. Sense the Bella Notte weave its magic spell of enchantment around you on a long drifting note. Now come dance ... or call for another cappuccino. That's amore.


Copyright © 2007 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

LINKS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

No comments: