5.22.2007

Who knew you could HATE AOL email?

Well, anytime something changes without warning, it can be an unpleasant surprise.

I was unpleasantly surprised to find that AOL had virtually completely changed its email display. They've made it slower and more cumbersome giving you things to close to get it back to the way you are nearly used to it.

Just last week, when I was having my Verizon FiOS installed, I was asked why I don't switch from AOL. I said it's because I have THOUSANDS of web pages with the AOL email and it would take forever to switch them.

I could change them to a Yahoo! account but I'm not sure if random emails would get through or fall unaccounted into the junk folder which I delete without opening. Anyway, as it is, more than half the email I get in my filtered Yahoo! email is still junk.

The new AOL email, I guess I'll get used to it. But I don't have to like it. Not now, anyway.

Copyright © 2007 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

Support this web site, shop at Amazon through this link, thanks


1 comment:

Jerry Moulton said...

You can chose to still use the old mail type, and the new one gets faster as you use it. I have been testing it for several weeks. It is much faster on my connection than the old mail.