2.16.2007

JOB ROCK IN PROSE

In 1970 my 11th grade English class was broken down into several groups to do group book reports. The group I was in selected The Strawberry Statement Notes of a College Revolutionary by James Simon Kunen.

Of the five students in my group, I was the only one who read the book through in three days and started reading it again. No one else in my group even liked the book and were struggling with themselves to read it at least once.

I loved that book. I began writing after reading that book, and most of my early writings were in that off-beat unrelated style.

It was fun being a writer. I'd tell anyone who asked, "Yeah, I'm writing a book."
They'd always ask, "About what?"


Read More


Copyright © 2007 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

No comments: