6.07.2006

ROMANCE ON THE RAILS - Part Duh

"You're Beautiful" is working its way through your hit parade.

This heart-rending song by singer-songwriter James Blunt tells how he falls in love with a beautiful woman who smiles at him while they are riding on the subway.

But alas, "She was with another man. But I won't lose no sleep on that, 'Cause I've got a plan."

This song tells another side to
Blossoming Rail Romances.

If you visit his web site and watch the video, the young singer sits calmly while removing most of his clothes and emptying his pockets. I think he might be able to come up with a better plan to win the beautiful woman.

The truth is in his line: "I saw your face in a crowded place/And I don't know what to do/ 'Cause I'll never be with you."

So, please, you beautiful women out there, don't go smiling at the boys out there, unless you enjoy breaking strangers' hearts...

As for you dreamy guys out there, read a newspaper!


BTW - Blunt told The Early Show on CBS on Tuesday that the song was inspired by a real life. He was riding the underground and saw his ex-girlfriend with her new boyfriend which he didn't know she had. He said the song addresses living a lifetime in a moment.

Copyright © 2006 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.
Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

1 comment:

Mata H said...

The Blunt song drives me batty as well! I blogged my own bit about it here. I'm glad I am not the only one who is not ready to cannonize him :-)

Thanks --