5.03.2007

Google Book Search – Phooey!

No one was more surprised than I was when I Googled “Anthony Buccino” and up turned a link to Rambling Round at Google Book Search.


From that link you can read the full text of my book Rambling Round, Inside & Outside at the Same Time which was published in 2002.

Probably a lot of authors might be delighted to find their book, or portions of it, available on Google Book Search. Generally, I’d guess those authors to be folks who granted permission for Google Book Search to digitally store and reproduce their copyrighted work.

Since I had not authorized the use of my copyrighted work, I was not pleased to find pages and pages of it available for searching on Google Book Search.

Perhaps by the time you read this, the Rambling Round link at Google Book Search will have been removed.

If you would like to purchase a copy of the 2nd edition of Rambling Round, then click here.

If you visit the Google Book Search and read excerpts from the books digitally stored there, you’ll notice small ads as you scroll. Those ads point you to products or services that might be of interest to you based on the content of the material you are reading.

As for me, Google AdSense makes no sense. And after what they insinuated about me, I am loathe to provide content for their ads.

Copyright © 2007 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

No comments: