12.01.2005

COMBAT! The TV Show

COMBAT! the TV show was one of my favorite shows when I was growing up. I had (and still have) the board game that went along with the show.

I loved watching the show when I was a kid in the early 1960s. And now I'm watching all the DVDs. Somehow I signed up and Amazon sends them to me automatically, faster than I can watch them, actually, but I don't mind.

I've done some work over the past few years regarding our towns' war dead ... and now when I watch these shows it's from a much different point of view.

Recently I interviewed a paratrooper who landed outside St. Mere Eglese and he was telling me about his stay in Bastogne 61 years ago this month. I hope to put some of these chats into the Veterans History Project.


Copyright © 2005 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.

CombatFan web site

Click here to join combatfan
Click to join combatfan


No comments: