10.26.2005

God's Gift To Wart Hogs


I was reminded of this cartoon recently by who knows what.


After I had blurted it out, I had to explain that it was from an old Far Side calendar by Garry Larsen. It was a cocktail party for wart hogs and one female wart hog says to another about about a third across the room, he thinks he's God's gift to wart hogs.

The calendar was from 1984, or maybe 1985 and I was working at Panasonic at the time. I believe I was a copywriter for technical manuals or trade ads.

Any way, one of the other calendar page months was a couple of kids running after the Liver AND Onions truck - like it was an ice cream truck on a summer day. My colleague Diana, with the accent on the second A, said she loves liver and onions.

You laugh. I can remember stuff from 21 years ago, but I can't remember to take out the empty pizza box after dinner!

Copyright © 2005 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.


The Far Side

The Complete Far Side 1980-1994 (2 vol set) (Hardcover)

No comments: