9.22.2005

Down Public Transit Lane II

My mother told me when I was a little kid that if I wanted the bus to show up, all I had to do was light a cigarette. She said that as soon as you lit a cigarette the bus would show up and you'd have to put it out.

She never smoked, so I guess this was an old wives' tale she once witnessed.

We've seen the queue for the bus and those smokers choking down the last puffs before the bus is going to pull away without them.

Sometimes they take the drag, drop the cigarette and exhale, then get on the bus.

It sucks when they take the drag, drop the cigarette, board the bus and then exhale.
Copyright © 2005 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved.

Ever been on the light rail when the public address system is one stop off?

It drives the tourists nuts!

Have you ever ridden into the old Heller Parkway subway station and looked into the park? If you did you'd see piles of garbage in the fence behind the maintenance buildings.

Hey, we're not talking Burger King wrappers, we're talking big heavy pieces of crap that should have been cleaned up a long, long time ago.

Isn't it weird that the place called the maintenance yard is such a pig sty. Some day maybe they'll clean it up ... it's been there for years and I would practically stake my pension that the trash will be there when I'm dead and gone.

Copyright © 2005 by Anthony Buccino, all rights reserved. Content may not be used for commercial purposes without written permission.

Support this web site, shop at Amazon through this link, thanks